Heading Message

A Pagan Gathering for Australia and the world

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Mount from a Tower


On the Chillout Festival Weekend, in early March, my friend Lee and I walked up the towards Wombat Hill (on a very warm day) and went into Convent Gallery to see the artwork on display.

We ended up climbing to the roof where the old infirmary was, and then into the bell tower. Here is the view of the surrounding landscape from the top of Convent Gallery. When I saw Mount Franklin (to the right of the centre in this picture) I remember saying out loud 'There's Mount Alexand...' and stopped myself when I realised that it would actually be our fair Mount Franklin and that Mount Alexander, further north, might not even be easy to see from there, and on such a hazy day! How silly of me not to realise straight away that it was Franklin!

No comments:

Post a Comment